Burning, in the city limits, is only allowed for recreational purposes. This does not require a burning permit; however, fire must be in an approved, non-combustible burner. Please refer to "Fire Pit Regulations" below for further details:
- At least 25′ away from any combustible structure
- Fire must be in a fire pit, fire ring, or approved non-combustible burner
- Recreational purposes only (no burning garbage)
- Adult present at all times
- Garden hose or fire extinguisher nearby
- The Fire Chief is authorized to require that recreational fires be immediately discontinued, if such fires are determined by the Fire Chief to constitute a hazardous condition.