Where can I take my

leaves and garden waste?

Composted materials (such as leaves or garden waste) can be taken to the City Compost/Burn Site,
which is located on Peabody Road by the City lagoons.

  • Place material in appropriate areas.
  • Burning by authorized personnel only.  Burning by unauthorized persons is subject to a misdemeanor and/or fines of $750.
  • Anyone witnessing misuse of this site is encouraged to get a license plate number and call the Police Department at 507-637-4005.


April 1 – October 31

Monday:  CLOSED
Tuesday – Friday:  7:30 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday/Sunday:  9:00 am – 8:00 pm

November 1 – March 31

Monday:  CLOSED
Tuesday – Friday:  7:30 am – 6:30 pm
Saturday/Sunday:  9:00 am – 6:30 pm


You can also take composted materials (Grass/leaves/garden waste Only – No wood materials i.e. sticks/branches) to the former City shop at 1200 South Mill Street on the west side of the building.

Leaves, Grass Clippings & Garden Waste Only!

  • No bags or boxes
  • No tree brush
  • No Garbage

Up to $700 Fine for any Violation
Tree and Brush may be taken to burn
Pile near city sewer plant or for more information contact: City Hall 507-616-7400



City of Redwood Falls Business and Housing DevelopmentVisit Website
Scroll to Top