PRESS RELEASE - AUGUST 21, 2023
THE REDWOOD FALLS PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT WILL BE CHIP SEALING STREETS EAST OF THE REDWOOD RIVER THAT LIE NORTH OF BRIDGE STREET (MN HWY 19/71) AND WEST OF COUNTY HIGHWAY 101. THIS PROCESS IS WEATHER-DEPENDENT AND RAIN EVENTS WILL AFFECT SCHEDULING.
Sweeping and Chip Sealing will start on Tuesday, August 22, 2023.
- Sunday and Monday, August 20th and 21st, 2023 no parking signs deployed along boulevards.
- Tuesday, August 22nd, 2023, Sweeping and Chip Sealing will begin. All paved alleys and streets will be sealed in the described area and crews will move from street to street in rapid succession.
- Oak Street to the park up to the Swayback Bridge will also be completed so expect delays.
- Chip sealing is weather dependent and will be delayed due to rain.
- Do not water lawns that will cause the street and alleys to get wet. The coating will not stick to wet pavement. Once the street has been coated, chipped, and rolled watering can be resumed.
The granite chips will be allowed to bind in place for 1-2 days followed by sweeping. Scheduled changes due to weather delays will be relayed through email, KLGR radio, and the City Website www.ci.redwood-falls.mn.us.
All vehicles, dumpsters, trailers, and campers must be off the described residential streets and alleys and must be removed to an off-street location between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. or risk being towed. Once the chip-sealing process is finished, the street will be open to traffic.
The City of Redwood Falls asks for your patience through the process.
For more information, please call Jim Doering, Public Works Project Coordinator at 507-616-7400.