Distributed Energy Resources (Solar) – Interconnection

Adding distributed energy resources (DER – aka Solar) to your home or business is one way to reduce your carbon footprint.

Connecting a DER requires working with your utility by completing the proper paperwork that helps us ensure the safety of the distribution system for all our customers.

Contractors often help a prospective customer fill out the correct paperwork, but it is your responsibility to make sure they are doing so on your behalf. Please make sure to work with your contractor to fill out the correct application and review the correct process. Application and interconnection fees are determined by which process your system falls under and are indicated on the correct documents. Application fees are due at the time your application is submitted.

Please remember to contact the City of Redwood Falls for a building permit as well.

Ready to find out more?

Connect With Us

For more information contact City Hall at 507-616-7400 or contact the city offices.

City of Redwood Falls Business and Housing DevelopmentVisit Website
Scroll to Top