THE REDWOOD FALLS PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT WILL BE CHIP SEALING STREETS AND BITUMINOUS ALLEYS SOUTH OF BROADWAY (MN HWY 67) AND WEST OF GOULD STREET AND ALL STREETS WEST OF THE MNDOT BRIDGE. THIS PROCESS IS WEATHER DEPENDANT AND RAIN EVENTS WILL AFFECT SCHEDULING.
Sweeping and Chip Sealing will start on Monday, August 22, 2022.
- Sunday and Monday, August 21st and 22nd, 2022 “no parking” signs will be deployed along boulevards
- Monday, August 22nd, 2022, Chip Sealing will begin. All paved alleys and streets will be sealed in the described area and crews will move from street to street in rapid succession.
- Grove Street through the park, parking at the Zeb Gray Shelter, Falls Bathroom/Parking lot, road and turnaround at the Falls Overlook will be temporarily closed to the public at various times for chip sealing as well.
- Drew Street will not be chip sealed due to its reconstruction.
- Chip sealing is weather dependent and will be delayed due to rain.
The granite chips will be allowed to bind in place 1-2 days followed by sweeping. Schedule changes due to weather delays will be relayed through City email, KLGR radio, the City’s Facebook facebook.com/cityofredwoodfalls, and the City website www.ci.redwood-falls.mn.us.
All vehicles, dumpsters, trailers, and campers must be off the described residential streets and alleys and must be removed to an off-street location between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. or risk being towed. Once the chip sealing process is finished, the street will be open to traffic.
The City of Redwood Falls asks for your patience through the process.
For more information, please call Jim Doering, Public Works Project Coordinator at 507-616-7400.